CT8002 Professional Cordless / Computer-Safe Circuit Tester
- SAVES TIME: no ground or clip means no wire tangles nor lost time searching for grounding points
- EASY TO USE: buzzer and LED indicator gives audible and visual signal when positive voltage is detected
- QUALITY MATERIALS: insulator body molded in chemical resistant plastic
- DURABLE: rugged stainless steel metal construction is damage resistant
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY
The CT8002 is a computer safe, all solid state electronics circuit tester. Unlike regular test lights, this high-impedance circuit tester is safe to use around automotive computers, ECM/ECU/PCMs, electronics, sensors and air bags.
Rugged, built to last and simple to use, it requires no wire or clip connector to ground. The CT8002’s LED, sound and vibration indicators, allow users to check for power in less time that it takes to set-up a regular test light and find a suitable ground, and is designed for use in automobiles, trucks, tractors, trailers, RV’s, motorcycles, boats and any DC powered circuit from 3 to 28 volts.
- Rugged Solid State electronic voltage detector needs no wire or clip connector to ground
- Measure output in sensors like Oxygen (O2), Coolant Temperature, Throttle Position (TPS), Manifold Air, Pressure (MAP), Manifold Air Flow (MAF), etc.
- Safe around automotive microcomputers, electronics control modules, sensors, etc.
- Specifically designed for use on autos, trucks, trailers, RV’s & boats
- V-Groove tip protector
- 1 x ‘AA’ size alkaline battery
- Input Impedance: 1Mohm minimum (approx. 20 micro-amps @ 24 volts)
- Input Voltage: 3 to 28 volts D.C.
- Indicators: light, buzzer and vibration indicator
- Body: stainless steel construction
- Power Source: 1 x AA-size battery
- Weight: 60 g (2.2 oz.) including battery
- Dimensions: 146 mm length x 15.9 mm diameter (5.75″L x 0.625″dia.)
How does the CT8002 detect voltage?
In order for the CT8002 to detect a voltage (like in any other voltage measuring instrument) it requires a closed circuit (+ to –, or vice versa). In the CT8002 this circuit is established (closed) when a current goes through the tip (+), the internal circuit, the metal barrel of the CT8002, the body of the user, and finally ground. The amount of current flowing through the CT8002 and the user’s body is very small (in the order of a few micro Amperes), and the user’s body acts as a “ground wire” or the negative test lead of a voltage meter. The internal circuit of the CT8002 detects this current, which is used to turn on the buzzer and light indicators.
Proposition 65 Warning ⚠
This product can expose you to chemicals including Chromium and Nickel, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.