TA500 Smartach+COP: Multisystem Ignition Analyzer
- UNIQUE TECHNOLOGY: Unique and proprietary technology allows the user to perform quick and reliable diagnostics of non-starts, misfires, fouled up or damaged spark plugs.
- EASY TO USE: the TA500 requires no special adapters, cables or a scope.
- EASY TO INTERPRET: The large digital display that shows spark plug voltage, spark burn time, RPM, as well as Min/Max readings in real time.
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY
The TA500’s unique and proprietary technology allows the user to perform quick and reliable diagnostics of non-starts, misfires, fouled up or damaged spark plugs and/or spark plug wires, by comparing digital read-outs of the spark plug voltage and spark burn time between cylinders on engines using Coil on Plug, Coil near Plug, conventional distributor/ignition coil, DIS (Distributor-less) or waste spark and magneto technologies.
Simple to use, the TA500 requires no special adapters, cables or a scope and is equipped with a large digital display that shows spark plug voltage, spark burn time, RPM, as well as Min/Max readings in real time.
- High performance racing cars
- Snow mobiles
- Power generators
- Any engine equipped with spark plug ignition systems
- Maximum spark plug wire voltage (Through capacitive pickup only): 49.9 kiloVolts
- Display: Large 4-1/2 Digits LCD + 2 x 3-1/2 + 0 Digits secondary displays (for Maximum, Minimum and other functions)
- Tachometer Range: 200 to 19999 RPM
- Cycles: 2 and 4 Cycles, and DIS
- Tachometer accuracy: ± 0.5% + 1 LSB
- Response time: 0.3 Seconds
- Ignition peak voltage range: 0 to 49.9 KVolt
- Probe: 12″ (30 cm) flexible probe with capacitive pick-up
- Secondary ignition pick up: Capacitive sensor
- Spark Ignition System: Coil on Plug, Coil near Plug, Distributor, Magneto and D.I.S.(Distributor-less or waste spark ignition system)
- Power Source: One standard 9 Volt alkaline battery type NEDA 1604 IEC 6F 22
- Battery life: Approx. 20 hours of operation
- Power Saving: Auto power off after approximately 3 min. of inactivity
- Physical dimensions : 6.1″ (H) x 4″ (W)x 1.5″ (D) (155 x 102 X 38 mm) – including holster but excluding antenna
- Weight: Approximately 12.4 Oz ( 355 g) Including battery
- Ignition Analyzer:
- Place the antenna’s capacitive sensor on top of the Coil on Plug module, or over a spark plug or ignition coil wire. Spark peak voltage and spark burn time are displayed. Tachometer: Set the number of cycles and type of ignition system, and then either place the capacitive sensor on a coil on plug module or spark plug wire, and RPM is displayed.
- Selectable display functions:
- The display can be set to show all three (RPM, spark burn time and spark plug voltage)measurements simultaneously, or one of the selected measurements with real time maximum and minimum readings.
- Spark capture mode:
- Maximum and minimum captures the spark peak voltage and spark burn time for testing of ignition systems for no start conditions diagnosis.
- TA500 (core unit)
- Protective rubber holster
- Hard padded case for carrying and storage
- 6904A (9-volt alkaline) battery
- User’s Manual
Proposition 65 Warning ⚠
This product can expose you to chemicals including Styrene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.