GTC014 Clip-On Spark Plug Sensor with 2m Cable
ACCESSORY FOR THE GTC505 ENGINE ANALYZER
Use in conjunction with the GTC505 engine ignition analyzer, to take measurements of the ignition system from a remote position.
The GTC014 is an accessory for the GTC505. The GTC014 consists of a 2 m long coaxial cable with connectors and a clip-on spark plug wire sensor specially designed for use with the GTC505 Engine Ignition Analyzer.
The clip-on sensor locks with a single twist onto the spark plug wire, and when connected through the extension cable to the GTC505, allows to take measurements of the ignition system from a remote position.
Clip-on spark plug wire sensor:
- Quickly and easily clips on
- Fits up to 8 mm diameter spark plug wires
- Twist to clip-on and release from spark plug wire
- Shielded capacitive sensor minimizes interference from nearby spark plug wires
- Electrically insulated molded body
- 2 m (74”) long with BNC and sensor connectors
- Electrically shielded coax
- Can be used with the clip-on spark plug sensor, or the GTC505’s coil on plug (COP) and spark plug wire sensors
- Sensor Type: capacitive
- Body material: polyamide (nylon)
- Spark plug wire opening: 8.5 mm (0.33″)
- Dimensions: 24 mm diameter (0.94″) x 75 mm (2.95″) length
- Mass (Weight): 16 g (0.6 oz)
- Cable Type: shielded coaxial
- Jacket: polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Connectors: BNC and 5.5 mm diameter coaxial barrel-type
- Dimensions: 2 m (74″) long x 5 mm (0.2″) diameter
- Mass (Weight): 85 g (3.0 oz)
Does the GTC014 work with oscilloscopes and ignition scopes?
Yes, this sensor and cable are compatible with most oscilloscopes (or any other device with a high-impedance input), but it may output a very high voltage (>2kV) which could damage the equipment. We urge that you exercise caution when attempting to use the GTC014, and verify that the equipment can tolerate very high voltage discharges. In general, most conventional scopes cannot tolerate these shocks, but some isolated oscilloscopes (including ignition scopes) can survive them.
What are the differences between the GTC505, the GTC505m, and GTC014?
The GTC505 is an engine ignition analyzer. The most basic kit it comes in: with a flexible probe, extension cable, cop sensor, spw sensor, USB micro cable and AC charger adapter, user’s manual, 1 year warranty, and hard padded carrying case.
The GTC505m is an upgraded version of the GTC505 kit – it comes with everything in the GTC505 kit, but with the GTC014 accessory, and a larger hard padded carrying case to accommodate the extra accessory.
The GTC014 can be purchased separately (here), or together with the analyzer in the GTC505m kit.
For Use With
Proposition 65 Warning ⚠
This product can expose you to chemicals including Styrene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.