GTC505m Engine Ignition Analyzer
Finding dead or malfunctioning coils and plugs can be hard work. The GTC505 makes ignition troubleshooting quick, easy, and painless. It’ll help you, and the people depending on you, get moving again!
The GTC505 is the product of 20 years of work (by GTC) on ignition diagnostics. This tool will tell you exactly what’s going on with any spark ignition system as soon as you put its sensor by your coil (or spark plug wire). Swapping coils and other components in and out until you figure out what’s wrong is slow, tedious, and wasteful. The GTC505 will take the guesswork out, so you can be confident that the problem will be solved on your first try.
Who it’s For:
- Marine outboard mechanics
- Gasoline inboard mechanics
- Small engine repair shops doing fault diagnostics
- Motorcycle technicians doing diagnostics or aftermarket modification
- Automotive technicians looking for a GTC505 with all the extras
What it Does:
Quickly and easily detects engine RPM and spark parameters. Useful for checking for ignition system faults and misfires, or for tuning and aftermarket modifications.
How it Works:
- Connect the appropriate sensor
- Turn the unit on
- Position the sensor near the ignition module or wire
- Check the engine RPM, spark peak voltage, burn time, and dwell angle/ramp time. The digital view gives you a quick look at the average, and the chart view will show you any misfires.
Warranty & Support:
Covered by our standard 1-year warranty, and supported for much longer. Replacement parts and accessories are generally available for 10+ years.
|Measures Engine RPM||✓||✓||✓|
|Measures Peak Spark Voltage||✓||✓||✓|
|Measures Spark Burn Time||✓||✓|
|Measures Dwell Angle||✓|
|Measures Ramp Time||✓|
|TA100 sensor||TA500 sensor||GTC505 SPW sensor||GTC505 COP sensor|
|Works on Capacitive Discharge Systems||✓||✓||✓|
|Works on Distributor Systems||✓||✓||✓|
|Works on Magneto System||✓||✓||✓|
|Works on Coil-On-Plug Systems||✓||✓|
What is the difference between the GTC505, the GTC505m, and the GTC014?
The GTC505 is an engine ignition analyzer. The most basic kit it comes in: with a flexible probe, extension cable, cop sensor, spw sensor, USB micro cable and AC charger adapter, user’s manual, 1 year warranty, and hard padded carrying case.
The GTC505m is an upgraded version of the GTC505 kit – it comes with everything in the GTC505 kit, but with the GTC014 accessory, and a larger hard padded carrying case to accommodate the extra accessory.
The GTC014 can be purchased separately (here), or together with the analyzer in the GCT505m kit.
- GTC505 engine ignition analyzer (core unit)
- COP pickup
- SPW pickup
- Clip-on SPW pickup
- 2m (extended) cable
- USB-A to micro-B USB cable 0.9m (3′) long
- AC to USB power adapter (charger)
- hard-shell, padded storage and carrying case
- user’s manual
Parts & Accessories
Proposition 65 Warning ⚠
This product can expose you to chemicals including Styrene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.