GTC605 Fuel Injection Analyzer
Figuring out which injector is causing you problems can be slow, expensive, and frustrating. The GTC605 will help you find and fix the issue quickly, minimizing downtime, labor, and parts cost. This is the tool that’ll help you get that engine back in service!
The GTC605 combines many lessons from the GTC505 with some new, patent-pending technologies. Our Fuel Injection Analyzer can tell you exactly how injectors are performing, as well as what the control signals look like. Replacing all the injectors at once to save time is expensive and wasteful; the other common strategy of switching them out one at a time is a lot of work and takes forever. The GTC605 makes it so that you can go in with surgical precision and replace only the faulty injector(s), saving time and money.
Who it’s For:
- Heavy-duty mechanics
- Marine technicians
- Anyone working on common-rail diesel engines
What it Does:
Quickly and easily detects fuel injector performance and control system parameters. Useful for locating stuck, clogged, and disconnected fuel injectors.
How it Works:
- Turn the unit on
- Position the sensor against the fuel injector to be checked
- See the control signal, fuel injector power, and pintle movement timing and performance in real-time. Use the digital view to quickly check average parameters, and the chart view to check for periodic or infrequent problems.
Warranty & Support:
Covered by our standard 1-year warranty, and supported for much longer. Replacement parts and accessories are generally available for 10+ years.
The GTC605 Fuel Injection Analyzer is a hand-held instrument designed and built for the diagnosis and performance measurement of all types of fuel injection systems, including almost all solenoid, piezoelectric, and mechanical injectors used on diesel, gasoline, and liquid natural gas engines. This tool is faster, easier to use, and more comprehensive than any fuel injector tester on the market, because of the unique (patent-pending) sensor system.
Useful for Troubleshooting:
- Intermittent problems
- Injector coil circuit faults
- Piezoelectric element cracks
- Fouled or damaged injectors
- Damaged electrical harnesses
- Display: 3.5″ Color TFT LCD (320×240 pixels)
- Injector System Compatibility: solenoid, piezoelectric, and mechanical
- Engine Cycle Compatibility: 2-stroke and 4-stroke
- Cable: 2 m (74”) (30 cm) coaxial cable with BNC and sensor connector
- Injector Sensor: Active type, 65 mm x 14 mm
- Input USB-micro Connector: 5.0 volt, 500 mA maximum
- Internal Power Source: 1500 mA/h rechargeable LiFePO4 battery
- Battery Life: 5 hours of working time when starting with a fully charged battery
- Power Saving: Auto power off
- Physical Dimensions : 6.5″(H) x 4.9″(W) x 1.4″(D) or 165 mm x 124 mm x 36 mm (without cable or sensor)
- Weight: 14.8 oz or 420 g (without cable or sensor)
Unique 3-Channel Sensor
- Compact for ease-of-use: 14mm*65mm (9/16″x 2 1/2″)
- Fully sealed and encapsulated for durability
- Patent-pending sensor system for optimal signal detection and rejection of interference from other modules
- Specially designed for use with the GTC605
- Automatically detected, calibrated, and configured by the GTC605
- Replaceable in case of damage or loss
- 2 m (74”) shielded coaxial cable with BNC and sensor connectors
Quick Checkup Tips
We recommend spending about 20 seconds per injector checking each ‘open time’ in the ‘chart view’, because most problems cause injectors to stay closed or stick open too long. If some inconsistency is observed, we usually take a look at the ‘on time’ in the ‘chart view’, then the ‘waveform view’, to make sure that the injector is receiving strong signals from the ECM/ECU. If the ECM/ECU signals are strong and clear, we usually look at the ‘open time’ ‘waveform’, as this shows the current to the injector, along with the injector’s response. Finally, if none of those approaches works (which can happen on an occasional misfire), we look at the ‘open response time’ and ‘close response time’ in ‘chart’ and ‘comparison’ views.
- Plug the sensor (pick-up) into the cable
- Select the system which corresponds to the injector under test
- Select the measurement type and display format
- Place the sensor on in the junction between the control (electrical) harness and the body of the fuel injector
- The GTC605 will automatically detect and adjust all parameters to provide accurate measurements and clear graphs
- GTC605 (core unit)
- 2m (~6′) cable
- Injector sensor
- USB micro cable and AC charger adapter
- Protective rubber holster
- Hard carrying case for carrying and storage
- User’s manual
- 1 year parts and labor warranty
Parts & Accessories
Proposition 65 Warning ⚠
This product can expose you to chemicals including Styrene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.