General Technologies Corp’s, new TA500 SmarTach+COP is the first tool of its kind in the industry capable of testing and diagnosing ignition systems on engines using: Coil on Plug, Coil near Plug, DIS (Distributor-less) or waste spark, magneto and conventional distributor/ignition coil technologies.
Simple to use, the TA500 requires no special adapters, cables or a scope and is equipped with a large digital display that shows spark plug voltage, spark burn time, RPM, as well as Min/Max readings in real time.
The TA500’s unique and proprietary technology allows automotive technicians to perform quick and reliable diagnostics of non-starts, misfires, defective coils, fouled up or damaged spark plugs and/or spark plug wires, by comparing digital read-outs of the spark plug voltage and burn time between cylinders.
- Rugged construction with protective holster and flexible antenna
- Wide measuring range: 200 to 19,999 RPM
- Comparative spark plug voltage measurement between cylinders
- Spark burn time measurement
- Special COP measurement mode for Coil-on-Plug and Coil Near Plug systems
- Dedicated capture mode for measure and hold testing
- Displays maximum and minimum readings in real time
- Quick response: < 0.3 seconds
- Large LCD display with symbols and measuring units
- Non-contact technology
- Auto power off
GTC’s new TA500 Smartach is a made in Canada product, and carries a 1 year warranty.
General Technologies Corp.
#121-7350 72nd Street
Delta, BC V4G 1H9
For full product info, please visit: www.gtc.ca/EN/TA500_EN.html